Best beer country?

I can’t help but get the cynical impression that this poll is currently more ‘what Country are you from?’ than ‘Who makes the best beer?’…

German beer is best… especially the black forest beers… much better that this bavarian °§6!$@ ‘so called’ beers… (and today’s the time for beer … 30° celsius… so what could be better … a good “Tannenzäpfle” & and the shadow of some big trees…) Cheers Pirmin

All beer is good…as long as it is my pint of beer![:D]

FYI - Per capita Beer consuption (Liters per person) :

• 1 - 163 liters - Czech Republic
  • 2 - 150 liters - Ireland
  • 3 - 127 liters - Germany
  • 4 - 104 liters - Britain
  • 5 - 100 liters - Belgium
  • 6 - 95 liters - Australia
      • 22 liters = world average

There was an article in our local rag last year saying that us Jersey folk put away something like twice as much alcohol as people on the British mainland. There’s not a great deal else to keep us busy in the winter months I guess…

Did I just see a poll about beer without The Netherlands being on the list, Heineken being one of the top brewers in the world? even sold in the USA?

Anheizer Bush (one brewer making basically only one beer) produce roughly double the output of all of Germany’s breweries combined, and the USA didn’t make the list either. Sorry [:(]

David, OK, Australia may not have any good beers (although I don’t think there that bad), but there is no doubt that we produce the best wine in the world! [:)] Surely no one can argue that?!?! [?]

Wine for sure, I have to agree on that one.

David, No one else has replied - is this because they don’t drink wine or that they agree?!?!?

Regarding the beer I’ll have to opt for Belgium. As far as the wine is concerned I think you guys need to come visit before you make hasty decisions. Nothing like good old South African wine.

Gerrit, I love wine and have tasted all wine - Australian, French, South Africa, Chile, Italy, Spain, Portugal even English & New Zealand. South African is nice, but the wide selection of excellent wine from Australia is superb and unrivaled by any other. [:D] Sorry. [:)] So regarding SA wine, close but no cigar. [:D]

So, the South African guy prefers South African wine and the Australian guy prefers Australian wine… I wouldn’t dare suggest that there was some bias here…

Kristian, Maybe I am a little Bias - but my information is based on people I have spoken to from all over the world! Do you question that Australian wine is not the best? [:0] What is your favourite? [?]

Basically I like ‘new world’ wines in general, rather than European wines (especially German wines, which are usually far too sweet for my taste), but I’m not nearly enough of a connoisseur to be more specific than that.

Kristian, Believe it or not, I’ve tasted some english wine which was quite nice! [:D] My brother lived / worked on a vineyard in Essex and I stayed with him for a year! They produced white, red & rose and a variety of sweet & dry’s. Quite nice tasting. Not as good as Australian though. [:D][:D][:D]

Donations of various country wines are more than welcome to help me on my road to wine bliss. (Sounds a bit suspicious but anyway) I’ll send any interested parties my address and you can contribute as you please. The only thing better than South African wine is free any place wine!!

Although Belguim may have some good beer. Mmmmmm HoeGarden…But nothing compares to having a Castle Lager or Windhoek Lager at the Blue Peter in Blouberg, Cape Town South Africa watching the sunset over Roben Island and a great View of table mountain…

Now there is something that can’t be argued. If you have never been there, get there.

Everybody know that teh bets breee come fron oter contri. Plese enji yor secnd hand bree. bets regarts, HK