batch class

I have created a batch class which has a query used in it to select membership id and membership type. Idea is that wen i selct these two parameters i shud be able to create the free text invoice for selected member in AR module of AX.My doubt here is wen i select the query fields , how i will be using this input value for further actions? how to use it.

Plz help, i am working on a new module and need some valuable suggestions here.

What’s your version of AX?

If AX 2012, are you using RunBase or SysOperation framework? If RunBase, why?

Hi MArtin,

its AX 2012. I was not sure how to use sysoperation framework so only proceeded with runbase batch.

You really should learn how to use the SysOperation framework - partly because it’s heavily used in standard AX, partially because it will simplify your own development (e.g. you won’t have to implement pack/unpack). Especially if you don’t know how to handle things in RunBase framework either, it would make much better sense to learn how to do it in SysOperation framework than in a deprecated framework.

Back to your question “wen i select the query fields , how i will be using this input value for further actions”. You have to pack and unpack the QueryRun instance (see pack() and unpack() in Tutorial_RunbaseForm class). After the instance is unpacked back to a variable, you can execute the query as usual.