Barcode UCC128 / UPC-A

Hi - Navision US supplies us with some barcode fonts (For AD), However I can’t find anywhere that will help printing. i.e. a 0 in the 6th position in a UPC-A should be converted to a :. I have done a Codeunit to do this transfer, and it works. But Now I also have to do the UCC128, wich seems a little more complicated. Have anyone else allready done this, or do I have to do it my self :slight_smile: - I’m rather busy right now, so I would REALLY appreciate if anyone could place that in Download. However I will submit my codeunit with the UPC-A and UCC128 when I’m done. (I also have a EAN somewhere in a drawer, wich I will be posting later :slight_smile: /Henrik

The fonts I got from Navision US were dBest barcode fonts (I think that’s were they came from, I got them indirectly). This library also contains a dll to do the string conversion for UCC-128 (as well as others). As you said, writing a codeunit is extremely tough, so the easiest thing would be to write a wrapper in vb around the included dll and add that wrapper as an automation object to your report. Chris Krantz NCSD,NCSQL,MCSD,MCSE Microforum Inc. Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I’ve not used the barcode fonts that came with NAD but I have done a codeunit for EAN8/13/128, UPC-A, I2/5, Code39 etc. using the Datascan fonts (www.datascan.co.uk). Their documentation is very good so it was quite an easy task. I haven’t posted it because I suspect that not many people have the fonts to go with it! Cheers, John

We have done the legwork for using barcodes in Navision. There is a single “setup” that installs the fonts that are necessary and registers the .dll. It integrates seamlessly with Navision Financials without your having to write the Visual Basic or C++ code. This solution allows you to call the barcode routines directly from C/AL in the following formats: Code 39 Extended Code 39 Code 128 Interleaved 2/5 Codabar Postnet UPC / EAN There is no use of bitmap files, so response is speedy. If you would like additional information, please email me directly.

Thank you all for Your replies - And Rick - please feel free to post Your stuff in the Download Forum :slight_smile: /Henrik