Balance Reoprt

Am very new to Navision. I want to Print the Trail balance with account codes having balances only. Any way I can do it . 2. How to do a Multi Currency allocation to a Customer Invoice

Hi from the General ledger menu pick report, and choose - Trial Balance; which is towards the bottom. Enter the date filter you are interested in. scroll down to the bottom of the field name so you are on a blank line, type in or look up ‘Balance at Date’ and in the filter put <>0 That will show you what is required.

Thanks a lot.

Mony, This is a very basic question and perhaps indicates you need some training. You should either take a class or read the manuals. Navision is an awesome product when you learn about it. If you don’t know what you are doing you are likely to set it up in a way that does not leverage its power. A little training or study could have a very big pay off. Jim.

This is probably reinforcing Jim’s comment about seeking some training: If you go to the Options tab when initiating the Trial Balance report, check only Actual Balances to print and check the Skip Accounts with all zero Amounts option, this will print a report containing only accounts with non-zero balances. If formal training is not available, Navision has some introductory training materials available both on CD and (in at least the US) from the NTR web site. These can be used for self-study. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner Edited by - daves on 2001 Oct 10 19:07:52

In Denmark You can even get some toturial CD’s which include a test in the end of each module. //Henrik Helgesen -: KISS::Keep it Simple, Stupid :-

How do I get those tutorial CD. Does it Contains Best Practices in Navision. I am looking for some TRaining CD which might teach about Best Practices and Quick and Easy Tricks.

I don’t think the tutorial CDs are necessarily aimed at providing Best Practices and Tips and Tricks. They are intended to provide basics and get you to the point where you are more comfortable exploring and logically experimenting on your own. You should first contact your site’s NSC about obtaining any tutorial CDs that are available in your area. I know they are available in English, I don’t know about any other languages (as I am sadly unilingual). Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

First only the detailed trial balance report has an option tab not the trail balance report. Second while training is useful for starting to use navision learning where things are and what filters are, I think Mony is beyond that. If you can do some things with navision I think you can learn much more by trying things out yourself. You will also remember them better as well. Yes some users need training and will always do things excally the way they were trained, but the questions mony asked show they are beyond that. But of course NSC’s make money out of training so the first reaction is alway why not pay for some training!!! Paul Baxter

quote:

Originally posted by triff: But of course NSC’s make money out of training so the first reaction is alway why not pay for some training!!! Paul Baxter

Paul - You say this, as it were a bad thing. My view is, that You very often see client spend a lot of money buying the software, customization and then implementation. But then do not spend the money for training and handholding. And even more important some follow-up handholding. It is my personal believe, that clients will gain much from some hand holding sessions, as they would be able to learn “the right way of doing things” early on. //Henrik Helgesen -: KISS::Keep it Simple, Stupid :-

Very experienced users with accounting software will make very poor decisions implementing Navision if they make assumptions that are valid with other software packages. Trail and error is a very slow way to learn something that you can quick learn form training or from the manual. In fact, a trail and error method may never get even close to the potential of Navision. But you are 100% correct that some folks can only learn by trial and error.

Paul, My US Trial Balance report (V2.60) is object # 10022 and has an Option tab. Perhaps the UK Trial Balance report is a different layout and one (or both) of us is looking at a localized version? I seem to recall that Trial Balance is one of the areas where local accounting practices result in some localization. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner

David Yes you are right anything in the 10000 range is localized and you can not assume that it works the same in one country as another. I was looking at trial balance report no6. I have just looked at the US version (only 2.01 as we don’t have many clients in the US) and you have some good trial balance reports. Paul Baxter

We can thank the Navision-US folks that do the localizations here for those nice Trial Balance reports as well as some other features that they add during localization. We appreciate those efforts by Navision-US. Dave Studebaker das@libertyforever.com Liberty Grove Software A Navision Services Partner