Bad invoice

Hello, We work with Navision 2.6 We use purchase-receipt fo stock. When we receive invoice from our vendor, we get receipt to link with stock value. But some “good” employee have bad idee … We purchase and receive 20 items The vendor invoice 5 at first time for 100 $ The employee extract receipt line and see that there are 20 items received, so Employee say that is 5 pack of 4 items. So he extract line and say that invoice 20 items for 5 $ per unit And valid invoice … Some day later we receive the second invoice, for 15 items Now it’s impossible to get lines from receipt… How is it possible? The problem is that in the inventory the items cost 5$ and not the real 20 $ !!! Is it possible to 'de’invoice ? Thx

Hi, if the items are still in stock I would use the Item Journal with Applies-to Entry. 1. Negative Adjmt. with the wrong amount 2. Positive Adjmt. with the right amount Don’t forget to settle the item ledger entries in the first step! bye Andre

I am not sure what costing method you are using but this is the general approach to correcting your problem. You might want to test the following in a Cronus database -Create a credit memo using “copy document” from the original posted invoice for the 20 items at $5. Make sure the credit memo applies to the original invoice. Post this credit memo. -Create a new purchase order and receive the 20 units at $20. -Post the two individual invoices for 5 at $20 and 15 at $20 against this purchase order (change the Qty to Invoice) -run the Inventory periodic activities to “adjust cost-item entries” and “post inventory cost to G/L”. This is required because the original receipt for 20 items was at $20 but the invoice cost was changed to $5. Regards, James

Thx for reply For reply from Andre : I use that, but when items are sales, it’s not possible I test second method My evaluation method is FIFO

quote:

Originally posted by geoffreyd78
… For reply from Andre : I use that, but when items are sales, it’s not possible …

If all items are sold you can book the different amount direct to the COGS Account. The functions “adjust cost-item entries” and “post inventory cost to G/L” will book the wrong amount direct. Andre

Solution from James is not good. - I purchase and receipt - I sale 1 item - I do bad invoice - I run “adjust cost-item entries” (automatically, in my case after invoiced) - I do credit with copy from invoice - I do 2 good invoices - run “adjust cost-item entries” - But first sales are with adjusted cost from first invoice … For Andre What is COGS ? (I’m french)

COGS = Cost of goods sold

Hi first the easy part:

quote:

For Andre What is COGS ? (I’m french)

COGS = Cost of Goods (Sold) P/L - account Now to the difficult part:

quote:

Solution from James is not good. - I purchase and receipt - I sale 1 item - I do bad invoice - I run “adjust cost-item entries” (automatically, in my case after invoiced) - I do credit with copy from invoice - I do 2 good invoices - run “adjust cost-item entries” - But first sales are with adjusted cost from first invoice …

I guess after the correction with ‘good’ invoices you are not able to correct anything (in NF 2.6). With a credit note you are normaly not able to settle the wrong adjusted cost. In a credit note the item take his adjusted cost from the item card. But IMHO you don’t need it. If you run ‘post inventory cost to G/L’ the system post at first (purchase) the wrong amount to the stocks and at second (sale) to the cost of goods. There is only one problem if the item with wrong value is longer in stock. Then your stocks (accounts) are to low and if you then sell this item the cost of goods are to low. But if this happens in one accounting period it’s not a problem. My suggestion was (not longer possible in your case): - don’t correct the ‘bad’ invoice, if the amount (total) is correct - post the second invoice direct to cost of goods - all other things happens automatically - if all item ledger entries are closed the balance and P/L are correct bye Andre

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB
Hi My suggestion was (not longer possible in your case): - don’t correct the ‘bad’ invoice, if the amount (total) is correct - post the second invoice direct to cost of goods

You do not have VAT Journals down there? … Lucky people! [:p] Anna

Hi Anna,

quote:

Originally posted by Anna Perotti
You do not have VAT Journals down there? … Lucky people! [:p] Anna

Don’t understand your question. The first posting is an invoice with article (posted by ‘Gen. Prod. Posting Group’), the second is an invoice with an account. Both invoices are posted with VAT entries. Where is the problem? bye Andre

quote:

Originally posted by Andre DDB
Hi Anna, Don’t understand your question.

Forgive me, Andre, it wasn’t a question, just a comment. I was thinking about how an Italian user would have to handle such a problem. Italian VAT journals don’t hold just amounts, but all the invoices details, as they are. If a vendor makes an invoice like this: <Good amount 100,00; VAT 20,00; Total amount 150,00 > you should actually post it so … vendors’ and customers’ pictures aren’t required, but might be appreaciated. [:D] Well, I suppose I should refrain myself from such comments in future. [;)] Anna

Ciao Anna, vedo che non hai perso il tuo solito buon umore [:D] Elena

quote:

Originally posted by elbi
Ciao Anna, vedo che non hai perso il tuo solito buon umore [:D] Elena

Ciao! Come vedi riesco a farmi riconoscere anche qui! [^] Come stai? Anna