Backward from Scheduling Date Calculation

WE created a work order and moved the status to Operations Scheduling. In the scheduling direction field, we selected Backward from Scheduling Date. The scheduling date field is plugged at ‘14/01/2013’. Since the Backward from Scheduling Date will calculate the start and end date of the work orders backwards, it gave a start and end date of ‘31/12/2012’. How did the system calculated this date? Can you please give us a response by tomorrow since we have work orders having this scenario.

It will be based on the timing in your routing and material availability from the net requirements.

Thanks for your reply Adam!

Thanks for your reply Adam…:slight_smile:

Is this applicable for AX 2009?

HI Adam,

If it is based on the timing in routing and material availability from the net requirements. How the system calculate the dates,for example in my case, i set 14/jan/2013 then set the backward from scheduling date, and sys response me the “start n end” date as 31/12/2012, in this situation where do i can find the settings for it? can you please provide me the steps? It will be appreciated.

thak you very much!

Look at the explosion from the order and first check the delivery dates of the material. I would guess you have no route and one coming in on 31.12.2012. Basically you said look backwards from 14.01.13 to see if I can make it earlier, so it looks at routing and capacity, and material, but that said you can turn these on and off from teh scheduling form on the tabs so it depends on what you set and the setup of the item.

Good Day !!

Backward from Scheduling tells that to full fill the order on 14th Jan 2013, you would required to start your production on 31-DEC-2012. it is calculating based on following Criteria.

Raw material Lead Time - Item Coverage

Capacity of Plant - Route Details ( Run Time, Setup Time, Que time Etc). and Work Center Availability.

Production Lead time.

The above are the Main Criteria System Looks for the Backward Planning.

Thanking You,

Hi Nirav,

Thanks for the explanation. appreciate it much.