Backcolor Property not defined

Hi all, On occasion we get the following error when opening or closing some forms. “The Property Backcolor is not defined in the property list.” If Navision is “re-started” (closed and re-opened) the error will not come back. This seems to happen only once and a while. Does anybody have any ideas why this might be happening and how it may be resolved? Thanks

What version(s) are you running?

I have seen that too, our version is US 3.70A

Ditto with GB3.7 and hotfixes. Not sure if related, but some users have also had deformed screens with funny icons and black blobs where text should be. [we are using windows terminal server]. Deleting the zup file sometimes works[?]

We are using US Version 3.70

Hi, I came across the same error message when i open a particular Form from one PC, dont have a clue what caused the error as the same form can be opened from another machine… warm regards venu…

Hi, We also have a client where this happens a couple of times per day. I have been in contact with Microsoft who don’t have a answer what this can be. It’s of course extremly hard for both them and us to try to debug this since it cannot be replicated. It seems to have something with the local machine. Have anybody been able to solve it? My client has 3.70A installed on an windows NT server, with XP Professional clients. They have upgraded from 2.0. Thanks Daniel

quote:

Originally posted by Venax
Hi, I came across the same error message when i open a particular Form from one PC,

Could please give a hint about the form no. Tõnu

For my customer it is customer list and vendor list (no customizations except added new fields). Its not always though, only sometimes when they open these. /Daniel

Hi Guys ! I encountered the same problem too only for some Clients though…any solution !! Cheers,

No such error messages now for 2 months! My other problem with screen display was down to password change. If the message that the password was about to expire was ignored (i.e password not changed) the screen did not display properly. Navision being opened in another terminal server.

quote:

Originally posted by rsfairbanks
My other problem with screen display was down to password change. If the message that the password was about to expire was ignored (i.e password not changed) the screen did not display properly. Navision being opened in another terminal server.

Zup file error?

Hi, I tried reinstalling all clients (and manually deleting the zup - files) without any change to this error. Finally, I saw that commit cache weren’t enabled on the Navision server, which I then did. After that this error has never appeared for my client again. If that were the answer or not, I don’t know. Regards Daniel