Axapta V4 Users

Anyone know of any experienced Axapta users in the Yorkshire region of England?

Hi Munir,

Not sure exactly what your question is about.

If you have any specific questions inside AX, please post them here. I am sure somebody from here would reply.

If you are looking for AX resources, please post your requirement in Jobs offered forum. You may have to register as recruiter for that. Rules for this are here - http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/57008.aspx

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the feedback.

Our sytem has difficulty when finished goods dates are pulled forward. The system does not recognise that raw materials are then needed earlier.

Any advice?

Regards.

Do you update planning or re-explode the work order.

When you say it does not know are you looking in the Inquiries section of Planning or Net Requirements and analysing the action messages on purchase orders rather than planned purchase orders?

Thanks Adam - I understand that we re-explode the work order.

We are looking at the inquiries section of Planning.

We do not currently work to the action messages due to the unmanageable number of messages that are generated.

As you explode the system will replan, it will tell you that you need to move existing orders in the action messages, so when you said “The system does not recognise that raw materials are then needed earlier.” you really meant that the system recognises them but you do not look at them as they are unmanageable. [:D]

You would need to review your action message setup, but to be honest when you do the explosion the action message is on the explosion (I cannot reference V4 but it is in 2009) so all you need to do is look at the action messages once you have re-exploded and examine the lines that are directly impacted by your reschedule.

Thanks Adam. I understand we are confronted with more than 21 thousand action messages when models are added to our plan.

How do you suggest we configure the action message setup to prevent this?

I understand we are confronted with more than 21 thousand action messages when models are pulled forward in our plan.

How do you suggest we configure the action message setup to prevent this?

In this example you would only view the action message from the explosion so it would be very limited.

Alternatively not knowing your business or configuration you need to decide what you want an action message on and in what time frame, so in your example if an advancement of more than 5 days is your trigger you cover it in that manner, and do not look at postponements as an example. Very difficult to comment without knowing the business, product mix and actual requirement I am afraid.

Thanks - How are the action message settings changed?

Apologies for the basic question -This system is new to me.

Under Master Planning Setup there is a coverage group. In here there will be an action tab, here you set them to work or not, set the time margins for trigger and the type of action to track. Not sure in 4 but there will be an item coverage setting from the item record, this is a copy of these unless you overwrite the settings, if you overwrite then changing the base data will not impact, although you may not be able to overwrite in V4, it was a long time ago when I worked on it!