Axapta Upgrade Issue

. Taken back up of Ax 4.0 DB back up and Ax 4.0 application files
2. Created New Db
3. Installed the AOS Instance
4. Installed Ax 2009 SP1
5. and Ax 4.0 application files are Pasted in “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\Application\Appl<Instance Name>\old and also AX\50\Application\Appl<Instance Name>
6. Now started AOS

Windows could not start the Dynamics AX Object Server 5.0$01-[Application] on [Server]. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 80.

System Event Log:

Object Server 04: Reindex of application files failed due to presence of a modified Microsoft Configuration Key (SysAPI) in a non Microsoft Layer. If upgrading, please restart in old version, remove all offending Configuration Keys and restart the upgrade.

Can any one help

You really shouldn’t place the same files to both Appl<Instance Name>\old and \Appl<Instance Name>. “Old” folder should really contain the whole AX4.0 application, but you mustn’t copy SYS and SYP layers to the normal AX2009 application folder. If you did, take SYS and SYP layers from another application or reinstall your application files. Don’t also forget to delete .aoi.

Maybe there is really a problem with SysAPI, but if you don’t have right layers in AX2009, you must fix that at first.

By the way, don’t expect that your AX4.0 database will work in AX2009. It’s easier to upgrade the code without any data and start to play with data upgraded scripts when the whole code (including DB schema) is upgraded.

Sir

Previously I done what ever you said but i didn’t any layer customization’s after completion of Upgarde

I copied Application files and i pasted in "old " folder

I got entire process of upgrade process like DATA UPGRADE COCKPIT and CODE CONFLICT

i did not any customization’s