Axapta Object Server

Hi, I want, that particular service restart (stop and at one blow start) daily 12 am. automatically, when I sleep. How can I resolve this task? Thanks, hamletas

Hi, I guess you are talking about Axapta Object Server under Control Panel. If so, this query has already been answered in this forum. Any way, here I go - 1. Create a .Bat file with the following lines - net stop “Axapta Object Server” net start “Axapta Object Server” 2. Go to Scheduled Tasks in your AOS Server (All Programs → Accessories → System Tools) 3. Schedule the file that you created earlier HTH, Harish Mohanbabu

Hi Just be aware that you cannot start or stop a single AOS instance. The “net stop/start” command will stop/start the complete AOS service, so all your instances will be stopped. BTW: you can also do this for a remote server, e.g. netsvc /start \AOSAPP01 “Axapta Object Server”

Hi, Addendum - for the command line program mentioned by Helmut to work, you have to download Resource Kit tools. For ex Windows NT resource kit tools are available at - http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/Recommended/Featured/NTKit.asp Similarly MS have released resource kit tools for all OS - Windows 2000, XP, 2003 etc. Alternatively you can also use ‘sc’ command line program as well. Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

We have a tool to stop and start a single instance. It has never been released, but you can get it from me. Kim Truelsen EE Axapta Technology