Axapta 2.5 in India

hi We are one of the NSC Who have implemented Axapta 2.5 in one of the reputed Cement industry. We have customized a lot in fitting it for Indian business enviornment. Are there more implementations on Axapta 2.5 in india? with best regards vaibhav[:D]

Hi Vaibhav, Axapta 2.5 is under implementation in the manufacturing sector too. Cheers

Heard that Axapta is much better than Navision(Navision Attain) in terms of Manufacturing functionality. With the release ot Axapta 3.0, expect there is much improvement given the fact that it’s MS Product now. Anyone got their hands on the new version?

ya Mohammad Axapta is much better then Attain, and has lot of functionality in it. Now the Axapta 3.0 will be released in India on Jan 15 as per Navision India with alll localiztion done. So as Axapta 3.0 will be after Jan 15, i hope to get my hands on it first (hehehehe—i luaghed) wish u all the best including myself vaibhav

ya Mohammad Axapta is much better then Attain, and has lot of functionality in it. Now the Axapta 3.0 will be released in India on Jan 15 as per Navision India with alll localiztion done. So as Axapta 3.0 will be after Jan 15, i hope to get my hands on it first (hehehehe—i luaghed) wish u all the best including myself vaibhav

Hi Rahimuddin, why do you expect that the 3.0 version is improved because it’s now a MS product? The programming of 3.0-functionality at Navision was ‘frozen’ before MS took over Navision! You should be able to get your hands on the 3.0 version from the Partnerguide.com or the local Navision/MBS office. Regards, H. Jaeger

Hi H.Jaeger Axapta 3.0 version with Indian Localization will really boost the Axapta market here. And thanks for the information about the programming functionality. r u working on Axapta, it would be very great to be in touch with u. thanks, wish u all the best vaibhav

Have you compared the pricing of Navision and Axapta? lets say for the common functionality which of the two is better priced? thanks

[quote]
Originally posted by vpednekar
ya Mohammad Axapta is much better then Attain, and has lot of functionality in it.

Sh is just right.there is no comparision between the two. The customer which is suitable for Attain is in no need of Axapta at all. U don’t compare Maruti Zen to Hyundai Ascent.Do you? I’ll add one more thing.Time is running out for Indian market.They are not going to wait for Axapta to get released.There are established players in Indiam market against Axapta.All on Axapta should pay attention to this & try to be prepared to convert any lead into a deal on warfoot basis. Attain in India has somewhat better position compared to Axapta.This is the important point to think of rather than discussing whithin ourselves. Regards, Dharmendra Desai

hi all Navision (Attain) is where every NSC is working but for Axapta i doubt are there many players in the market. Attain is good product & people are working here on it since it started here. So we have more confident & trained people here. As far as comparison is considered there should be comparison between these two products on functionality & costs also. i will like to consider a case if a customer is having lot of functionality requirement which can (is) deliverable by Attain through customization & the ultimate costs lands up to be equivalent to that of Axapta in which this functionality may be covered in some of its modules at the same costs. As per my thinking this would be competiting against ourselves only. Please if i am wrong de tell me & guide me. i am still a small boy in Navision world, lots to learn. wish us all best of luck. vaibhav

Had the time to go through Axapta and talked to people dealing with the same, here are some views: Axapta, no doubt has much better features than Attain(Navision). On the cost front also it is said that both are on parallel lines for similar standard functionality.

Mohammadbhai got it right. Compare only when you need to, regarding a specific case.Axapta & Attain can compete; if we line them up together for it.I was asking why should we do it. & Vaibhav, we all are small till we go up there. It takes a lot to know before u can say i don’t know.Isn’t it?Let’s learn together. Regards, Dharmendra Desai

Hi vaibhav, yes, I’m working with Axapta (approx. 4 years)… If you have questions, fire away and I’ll see if I can answer them (though I don’t know everything [;)] ) You should visit http://technet.navision.com - it’s a great resource on Axapta for both novices and the more experienced! Also I believe you are more likely to get answers on Axapta questions for your questions there! Regards, H. Jaeger

quote:

Originally posted by vpednekar
Hi H.Jaeger Axapta 3.0 version with Indian Localization will really boost the Axapta market here. And thanks for the information about the programming functionality. r u working on Axapta, it would be very great to be in touch with u. thanks, wish u all the best vaibhav

Thanks Jaeger, i am using technet from last month. Yes it is very useful & great resource for Axapta. I have some specifice query. I am comparing the QPR Balance Scorecard with Axapta. I request you to have a look at it at www.qpr.com & give your opinion on it. In Axapata we will need The Financial Series, Balance Scorecard, Enterprise Portal Framewaork, employee role & HRM 1 to have all the functionality that is in the QPR Balance Scorecard. Can you help me in it, & can also tell where i am worng. with best regards Vaibhav

Dear All, We have derailed from the actual topic. Please restrict your discussion to local issues related Axapta in India. If you need more info., there has been a lot of discussion earlier on the comparison/other issues in Main Forums. Do search for the same. If the course continues,the topic shall be locked.