AX2012 R2 Synchronize after intallation error

Hi All,

I just install a fresh AX2012 R2 and i have this error when I run synchronize database step in checklist.

Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.InfoException: Exception of type ‘Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.InfoException’ was thrown.
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.MSIL.Interop.throwException(Int32 ExceptionValue)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.MSIL.cqlClassIL.callReturn(Int32 rc, interpret* ip)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.MSIL.cqlClassIL.CallStatic(String className, String methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[] types, Object[] varargs, Type[] varargsTypes)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.XppObjectBase.StaticCall(String className, String methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[] types, Object[] varargs)
at Dynamics.Ax.Application.Debug.assert(Boolean expression)
at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionEnabledType.constructForSystemDefinedByTableId(Int32 _viewId, String _viewLabel, Boolean ) in DimensionEnabledType.constructForSystemDefinedByTableId.xpp:line 200
at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionEnabledType.constructForSystemDefinedByTableId(Int32 _viewId)
at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionAttribute.getAttributeByHierarchyType(DimensionHierarchyType _hierarchyType) in DimensionAttribute.getAttributeByHierarchyType.xpp:line 116
at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionHierarchy.getHierarchyIdByHierarchyType(DimensionHierarchyType _hierarchyType) in DimensionHierarchy.getHierarchyIdByHierarchyType.xpp:line 88
at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionHierarchy.getSystemGeneratedHierarchyIds() in DimensionHierarchy.getSystemGeneratedHierarchyIds.xpp:line 21
at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionMetadataSetup.Loaddata() in DimensionMetadataSetup.loadData.xpp:line 9
at Dynamics.Ax.Application.SysSetupInstaller.Writealldata() in SysSetupInstaller.writeAllData.xpp:line 19
at Dynamics.Ax.Application.SysSetupInstaller.Run() in SysSetupInstaller.run.xpp:line 7
at Dynamics.Ax.Application.SysSetupInstaller.loadPartitionData(Object[] _c) in SysSetupInstaller.loadPartitionData.xpp:line 3
at SysSetupInstaller::loadPartitionData(Object[] )
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.ReflectionCallHelper.MakeStaticCall(Type type, String MethodName, Object[] parameters)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.PredefinedFunctions.runAsInvoke(String className, String staticMethodName, Object[] parms, Object[]& exportInfolog)

window server 2008 R2 & SQL 2008 R2 environment.

Anybody know how to fix it please help.

Thank in advance!

Ngoc

I am having the same problem. Did you find a resolution?

Thanks,
Brian

Not yet, Im waiting for someone can help! :frowning:

Ngoc!

I think this error is related to Sql server 2008 R2.

Try to install Sql server 2008 R2 Sp1 and Sp2…

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx

?id=26727

http://www.microsoft.com/enus/

download/details.aspx?id=30437

Hello,

I have a same problem. I installed to indentical servers. On first it was OK, but on second is this error during synchronization.

Please, let us know, when you find a solution.

Thx, Petr

I have same problem on SQL2012.

I have installed SQ L Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition. i have not faced any problems.

The below editions are recommended.

SQL Server 2008 R2, Standard Edition, Enterprise

Edition, or Data center Edition.

Hi Michel,

Thank you for your reply.

I try to update SQL 2008 R2 to SP2 and CU4 for SP2 but nothing change, after update SQL I restart my Server and try to synchronize and still same error :(.

Any body has solution for this issue please help.

Thanks in advance!

Ngoc!

Hi Michel,

Thank you for your reply.

I try to update SQL 2008 R2 to SP2 and CU4 for SP2 but nothing change, after update SQL I restart my Server and try to synchronize and still same error :(.

Any body has solution for this issue please help.

Thanks in advance!

Ngoc!

Hello,

I had the same issue with AX 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2012. After installing a new AX 2012 R2 complete system with a newly created database on a Windows Server 2008 R2 EE, pointing to a dedicated and separate SQL Server 2012 EE machine, I run the Initialization checklist, but the “Synchronize database” step failed with the following message on the infolog:

Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.InfoException: Exception of type ‘Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.InfoException’ was thrown.

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.MSIL.Interop.throwException(Int32 ExceptionValue)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.MSIL.cqlClassIL.callReturn(Int32 rc, interpret* ip)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.MSIL.cqlClassIL.CallStatic(String className, String methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[] types, Object[] varargs, Type[] varargsTypes)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.XppObjectBase.StaticCall(String className, String methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[] types, Object[] varargs)

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.Debug.assert(Boolean expression)

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionEnabledType.constructForSystemDefinedByTableId(Int32 _viewId, String _viewLabel, Boolean ) in DimensionEnabledType.constructForSystemDefinedByTableId.xpp:line 200

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionEnabledType.constructForSystemDefinedByTableId(Int32 _viewId)

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionAttribute.getAttributeByHierarchyType(DimensionHierarchyType _hierarchyType) in DimensionAttribute.getAttributeByHierarchyType.xpp:line 116

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionHierarchy.getHierarchyIdByHierarchyType(DimensionHierarchyType _hierarchyType) in DimensionHierarchy.getHierarchyIdByHierarchyType.xpp:line 88

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionHierarchy.getSystemGeneratedHierarchyIds() in DimensionHierarchy.getSystemGeneratedHierarchyIds.xpp:line 21

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.DimensionMetadataSetup.Loaddata() in DimensionMetadataSetup.loadData.xpp:line 9

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.SysSetupInstaller.Writealldata() in SysSetupInstaller.writeAllData.xpp:line 19

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.SysSetupInstaller.Run() in SysSetupInstaller.run.xpp:line 7

at Dynamics.Ax.Application.SysSetupInstaller.loadPartitionData(Object[] _c) in SysSetupInstaller.loadPartitionData.xpp:line 3

at SysSetupInstaller::loadPartitionData(Object[] )

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.ReflectionCallHelper.MakeStaticCall(Type type, String MethodName, Object[] parameters)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Xpp.PredefinedFunctions.runAsInvoke(String className, String staticMethodName, Object[] parms, Object[]& exportInfolog)

The problem was caused by the debug settings enabled on the AOS and client configuration utilities (enable breakpoints). At this point partitions are not initialized, so there may be some debug asserts being hit due to debugging being enabled. You should be able to alter your AOS and client configurations, disabling all the breakpoint options. After doing so, restart the AOS and then perform the synchronize.

If the synchronization completes successfully, proceed with he initialization checklist. Once completed you can re-enable debugging and shouldn’t have this issue going forward since the partitions will be initialized.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards

Stefano Gallo

Hi Stefano Gallo,

Many thanks to you, my issue is resolved after long time. After install I didnt noted that the debug check is default in Original config.

Thank you again!

Regards!

Ngoc