AX2012 Fixed Asset Parameters

Hi,

Has anybody some information about the following four fixed asset parameters:

1. Include adjustments in the current depreciation amounts

2. Allow depreciation when placed in service and disposal are in the same fiscal year

3. Automatically create depreciation adjustment amounts with disposal

4. Check for fixed asset creation during line entry?

In my system, there seems to be no difference between the activation and deactivation of those parameters.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Hi Ludwig,

Did you find the answer for the above query… If you know the answer please let me…

Thanks

Mansoor

Hi Mansoor,

I finally got the answer from the MS support. They even did not know all the functionality and had to ask some of their development colleagues in the US [:S] but finally after 3-4 months or so, I got the answer.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Have a great day.

Ludwig

Hi Mansoor,

I finally got the answer from the MS support. They even did not know all the functionality and had to ask some of their development colleagues in the US [:S] but finally after 3-4 months or so, I got the answer.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Have a great day.

Ludwig

That is what MS dynamics AX

Hi Ludwig,

Can you share that knowledge with us… so that many others will be benefited.

Thanks,

Pranav

Hi Pranav,

Sorry. You are absolutely right. Here is the feedback that I received from Microsoft:

1. Include adjustments in the current depreciation amounts – it is marked then the dep. Calculation will consider Revaluation, write-up, write downs and extraordinary depreciation adjustments.

2. Allow depreciation when placed in service and disposal are in the same fiscal year – This parameter is introduced form Product studio AXSE 18624 Regulatory Feature, please find attached functional spec “MBS - ER Escalation Functional Spec - 8108_July16update” (internal document, not to be shared externally)

3. Automatically create depreciation adjustment amounts with disposal – Please refer to the attached “MBS - ER Escalation Functional Spec - 8108_July16update”

4. Check for fixed asset creation during line entry – This parameter checks whether the assets can be created based on the asset rules when saving the purchase line and sets the Asset group for purchase line based on the asset rules defined.

For No 2 and No 3, I got this additional information from another MS support engineer:
No 2: Allow depreciation when placed in service and disposal are in the same fiscal year.[answer] This option works with #2 – if automatically creating depreciation adjustment amounts with disposal and this field is selected, the system will allow depreciation to be taken when the placed in service date and the disposal date are in the same fiscal year. Any depreciation adjustment would be based on amount of depreciation allowed. If the option is not selected, no depreciation is allowed and the disposal process will generate a depreciation adjustment backing out any depreciation amounts already taken.

No 3: Automatically create depreciation adjustment amounts with disposal__[answer]__ If this is selected, the disposal process will automatically generate depreciation adjustments as part of the disposal and based on the disposal date and convention applied. This, however, does not appear to be working for disposal of an asset through the free text invoice (journals only) but we are working on that for AX 2012 R2.

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas…my friend…