AX2012 Excel Integration

I am currently trying to set up data sources in excel having configured AX as an add in. When I select the AX tab and click “Add Data” but the list is empty and I cannot find any method to add the datasources for items such as Budget Register Entries, Customer Aging, Customer collections etc.

Does anyone have any idea how to add these datasources please?

Regards

Carl

You have to set up data sources in Organization administration > Setup > Document management > Document data sources.

excellent, thanks. They only work if the datasource type is set to query but they work all the same now - much appreciated!

In AX 2012, I would like to add thousands of released products with product variants(many combinations of size/color/configuration),Tracking and storage dimension values. I have tried with Add table method, but ends up with lot of tables and relations which leads to think that Add data method is only used for straight tables or miniumum relation tables; then i looked for Add data sources. Actually it is having lot of services and queries.

I would like to know how to import products (with all dminesions and variants) using Add Data Excel Add in. Do you feel is there any better method other than this.

please share your thoughts.

same problem here Udhay !! any Solution yet ??