Ax2012: Customer on hold

Hello,

Can someone explain what the option "invoice and delivery on hold " does?

1. NO
  2. Invoice
  3. ALL

I cannot find any usefull info on the web.

Thank you

It rechecks the credit limit when you try to ship something.

Hi ,

Why it has the Requisition option also ,How customer link with Requisition ?

Thanks in advance.

The extended data type is CustBlocked which references the base enum CustVendorBlocked. Looking at this the 6 options are in there. I believe it is a shared enum for the AP and AR blocked functionality and therefore “assume” this relates to AP and not AR. This seems lazy but I am not a developer so happy to be wrong.

If you look at the help for the vendor on hold it has the following additions to AR:

Requisition – No requisitions can be created for the vendor.

Never – No transaction types are on hold for the vendor, and the vendor cannot automatically be put on hold because of inactivity. This status is used for vendors who are used regularly but infrequently. For example, you can use the Never hold status for a vendor who does some kind of annual maintenance.

Adam, both the “No” ane “Never” options for a vendor are looking same for me. Any different purpose of using them in the application?

No, and if you look in R2 they are no longer visible against the customer :slight_smile:

Oke thank you. Can you also explain what the different options do exactly?

None – Do not check credit limits. You can override this option for a specific customer by selecting the Mandatory credit limit check box in the Customers form. If you do this, the credit limit is checked against the customer balance.

Balance – The credit limit is checked against the customer balance.

Balance + packing slip or product receipt – The credit limit is checked against the customer balance and deliveries.

Balance+All – The credit limit is checked against the customer balance, deliveries, and open orders.

Taken from TechNet.