AX Upgradation

Hi All,

I am upgrading the code from AX40 to AX2012, i am getting the below error while running the code upgrade checklist in AX 2012

AOD file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsAX\bin\Application\appl\Standard\Old\axsys.aod for sys layer not found.

So i copied the aod files from AX40 machine and pasted in AX2012 machine, but still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Many thanks in advance

and along with this, i dont find the USR layer listed in the “Layer file to import into the model database” down of Import Microsoft AOD files into the baseline model store process and actually i want to move the USR layer code only.

Hello M Kumaran,

Here is the TechNet article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg731899.aspx Import AOD files into the new model store [AX 2012] since, AOD files are replaced with Model store in AX 2012.

Kindly review the 1st point of the page which is as follows - "Copy the .aod file for the current layer from the source system to the following folder: %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsAX\bin\Application\Appl\Standard. Do not copy the .aod files for the layers that Microsoft owns into this folder. "

Since, it’s with Sys layer not sure if it will work.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

as i want to upgrade the usr layer code so i did copied and pasted the usr.aod files to the AX 2012 folder but still getting the same error as i could not able to select the usr layer option from the Layer model file to baseline database option.

Do you have any other solution on this issue.

Thanks

Also i am stuck up in the previous step only. right now i am in

“Import AOD files into the baseline model store” here when i click on this process it is opening a dialog but that is popping out a usr layer in the drop down.

Is it necessary that we need import all the MS layers and then ours?