AX 4.0 Item Setup - Service items are showing up on picking lists

Hello all!

I am experiencing service items showing up on picking/packing lists in AX4. Any idea if this can be resolved through item setup settings etc.? Or is this a custom modification we’ll need to perform?

Cheers,

S

Memory says this is how it worked. You would need to remove those type items on the report, pretty sure it cannot be resolved through item setup.

I am curious as well if there is a way to do this via setup. I just know that we can prevent items from going through packing list but to prevent the item itself from appearing in the PO/SO form, for example, I know you have to customize the filter of the field to omit the Service items

Adam,

Thanks as always for dusting off the cobb-webs on AX4 :slight_smile:

Truly unfortunate oversight on this earlier version of the ERP package, as it surely does not make sense to pick/pack/ship a service item while it should be allowed as a line item on orders. I believe 2012 handles this properly using the update quantity of "ordered + non stocked products "

It would likely have to be a modification to the Formletter picking class? To skip any items of type Service.

~S