AX 4.0 downgrade to Axapta 3.0

Hey guys,

Doeas anybody has some experience with downgrade of object or functionalities from AX 4.0 to 3.0. Any usefull tips or links would help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mishko

Hi Mishko,

Please could you clarify what do you mean by above?

Regards,

Well basically I am interested how hard would it be to apply some objects or methods or code lines from 4.0 to 3.0. Would the same code work or would it work with applying some modifications to the code or would it be required to write it all over again because of the development and technical differences between these two versions. Bottom line, when I export a project from 4.0, would it be possible to import it in 3.0 (and make some modifications if required) or would I have to build the same project from scratch?

Hope this clarifies my question.

Best Regards,

Mishko

Hi Mishko,

I never tried from Ax 4.0 to Ax 3.0.

But I guess it all depends on complexity of functionality. A while back I tested moving some small developments from DAX 2009 to DAX 4.0. Had some DAX 2009 specific issues like createdDateTime, modifiedDateTime etc. But more or less it worked fine.

Regards,

Yeah. I did some moving from DAX 2009 to 4.0 and it needed some small modifications. But in your experience (I take it that you have worked in 3.0), is there a big difference in developing in 3.0 and 4.0?

Regards,

Mishko

Hi Mishko,

Sorry I missed your post. I suppose you should be able to move code from 4.0 to 3.0. However you have to take into consideration technical changes like pessimistic /optimistic concurrency, record Id generation etc.

Regards,