AX 2012: Viewing Non-inventory records in Inventory and Warehouse Management module

Our company just went live with AX2012 and I have a question about being able to see Non-inventory parts numbers in a sites warehouse.

Our company expenses low value item ( non-inventory) when they are received. Although financially they are expenses, our shops still have a physical location for these items and need to reorder them from time-to-time. As these items are expensed, AX does not show these item in the shops on-hand program ( Inventory and Warehouse Management Module) and therefore the shops do not have the ability to see the bin locations. We custom added a “bin location” text field in this program

What can we do to be able to see these ‘expensed’ items in a sites warehouse so the shops can view the bin locations?

Thanks for reading

Regards,

John

Hi John,

Have you created items for expense items? If Yes, are they service item and do they have stocked checked in item model group?

Please elaborate on this.

Pranav…

Thanks Pranav for the quick reply. We have set up an Item Model group called Non-Inventory and have not checked the stocked products field. The low value items in our inventory belong to this item model group.

John

I should have added for this non inventory item model group, we have checked the Financial negative inventory and Accrue Liability on product receipts boxes. No other boxes have been checked.

Hi John,

If Stocked product is unchecked, system will not create any transaction for these items and hence there will be no on-hand. Even you can’t do any analysis based on inventory transactions, like normally we use this data only to create reports.

I can only suggest one way and that is by using purchase line table. Whenever you are purchasing expensed items, records are created in purch line but not sure about consumption.

Pranav…