AX 2012 :: Timezone Settings

Hey all,

We have setup a new legal entity which is in another country. We see the timezone is set on the legal entity itself, however it appears that the date formats and other date fields use the System Date, which is pulled from the AOS servers itself ( correct ? ).

What are some best practices for a multi-aos deployment with legal entities in various countries? We’d like date formats to be localized.

We use Citrix to load the clients however, which is also in the same settings as our AOS servers, we could look in to setting up a new Citrix server that is localized to the new country, but wasn’t sure which route to go ( Server or Client ).

Thanks as always Daxers!

~S

Date format and such things depend on regional settings in Windows on the client machine, so normally end user can configure it as they want. In your case, the client machine is the Citrix server.

Martin,

Perfect I did as you mentioned and this worked as desired! The format shows in the local format, so now we’ll just need to setup a citrix farm per country ( at least to start ).

Now, ancillary question: the date format is correct however the date fields for “today” are based on the single location of the AOS server cluster. So, for several hours per day, the new company has to change the default dates that populate on various forms because they are ahead in timezone.

We would ideally not like to have AOS at each legal entity if possible…

I don’t know what exactly you mean by “date fields for today”, but AX - in general - works with UTC and applies user’s time zone when displaying data. This applies to utcDateTime type only, not to date.

The most important setup is Preferred time zone in Options.

That’s correct, I am referring to date fields ( like on the new purchase order form, there is delivery and accounting dates. For the majority of a full working day in Legal entity B, it shows the wrong date because the AOS clusters are located in Legal Entity A’s timezone ( windows server regional settings ).

Legal Entity A can be seen as corporate HQ, centralized control. The other entities are subsidiary companies that will not be maintaining much IT infrastructure other than to use citrix to access the clients running back in Legal Entity A.

S