AX 2012 report :adding a new field.

Hi,

i am trying to add a new field in salesinvoicereport in AX 2012 so I added a field in SalesinvoiceTMP table ,i have not assigned any legayid to that field.

Bu when i run the report i am getting the error as

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

This error persists even if i assign the new field some value in the class where SalesInvoiceDP in the insert method.

Thanks,

Vikas Mehta.

I am also facing the same error, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

We have two different servers, One is Testing/Development, the other is LIVE server. I am trying to modify the “PurchReceiptsList” report in testing server with adding new fields and also modifying the footer part. All the modifications are OK and its working on the testing server tested and verified.

When i add these changes which i made on testing server to LIVE server i am getting the error as "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".

I created a new project and copied all the tables and classes and also the PurchReceiptsList.report in this new project and Exported it from testing server. Then i imported it to LIVE server.

Can anyone help me in this.

Thanks in Advance.

Imtiyaz Raheman

Vikas,

Have you tried restarting your reporting services.