AX 2012 R2 : How to change currency in Purchase Requisition Lines with Draft Status

Hi all,

I need help. I’ve create a new purchase requisition line with draft status, I wonder, why can’t I change currency code directly as soon as I’ve finished enter item code? I know I can change it when purchase requisition has reached “In-review” status, but I need to change currency code as soon as I have entered my item code. Can someone tell me what I’m missing? Maybe a setup or I need a modification?

Thanks.

Jefry

You can’t edit when you created it because you are the requester.

when the PR status is "Inreview", you are able to edit - May be you are assigned as reviewer.

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your reply but that’s not what I mean. I am the requester, not the reviewer.

If I able to default purchase price via trade agreement, why can’t I change the currency? My legal entity default currency is different with default purchase price in trade agreement, so I need to change currency as soon as I enter item code so I get the default purchase price, but I can’t do this since currency field is locked even in Draft status.

Jefry

I believe it is driven by the system currency, not the legal entity currency because these are shared tables throughout the database, clearly a control put in place for whatever reason and you need to wait until later in the process or customize to make it work how you require.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply. So there is not any setup missing and I need to find a workaround or do some customization then. Thanks.