AX 2012 R2 Contoso demo data loaded- Service won't start

Hi,

I have installed AX 2012 R2 and could successfully finish upto CIL compilation.

Since my system is empty, and would like to have some demo data, i downloaded it from customer source. I managed to overwrite the 2 databases successfully. The one which has the data and the model database.

I opened the userinfo table and deleted all records except the ADMIN one and then i edited it for the fields like SID, networkalias, domain etc…

(I had did this perfectly on AX 2009 many times and it worked perfectly).

Now when i try to start the Service, it gives error, when i checked in EVent log,

“Object server 01: Fatal SQL condition during login. Error message " The internal time zone version number stored in the Database is higher than the version supported by the kernel(4/2). Use a newer Microsoft Dynamics AX Kernel”

Any idea, what could be wrong.

regards

Thomas

Hi Thompl,

Seems your AX Env. CU does not match with the environment where the Contoso Dataset has been created. (e.g. You might have CU1 and the Contoso datast for CU6 or vice versa ).

At least i had once the same issue when I copied a CU6 db and restored in the CU1 Database.

So, I would say just update your env. with CU 6 and test the database.

Cheers,

Kumar

Dear Kumar,

You are right. This is what I did yesterday and the System is OK now.

Thanks for your reply.

Also I configured AX to look into my SSRS and my reports are also working.

Only one thing i am struggling right now is with Workflows

I shall tell you what I did

(I am in Saudi, means GMT+3 is our Time Zone)

I adjusted this in all the Companies (Organisation Admin- Legal entity)

Also i did the same for the Admin user.

I did this for the workflow batch jobs (3 batch jobs). I adjusted the recurrence to 1 minute and the Time zone to the correct one

Restarted the AOS.

But still when I submit the workflow, it doesn’t move and then I have to run the TUTORIAL_WORKFLOW PROCESSOR

If I do so, then the workflow gets completed.

The above is same for the change based alerts.

Please advise

regards

Thomas

Dear thomphl,

i am facing the same issue let me know what exactly steps you did to remove

“Object server 01: Fatal SQL condition during login. Error message " The internal time zone version number stored in the Database is higher than the version supported by the kernel(4/2). Use a newer Microsoft Dynamics AX Kernel”

errror

Hi,

Download the Cummulative update 6 for AX 2012 R2 from Microsoft site. Update your Server. Once this is done correctly, AX service will get started.

Try this and let me know.

regards

Thomas

Hi, everybody!

What about workflows that don’t work in a new db.

We have the same problem. The workflow was activated, but not proceeded. Thank thomphl for the tip with TUTORIAL_WORKFLOW PROCESSOR.

The solution is to set up Administration > Setup > Workflow infrastructure configuration wizard (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/dd309625(v=ax.50).aspx)). It’s the first step of setting up workflows.

You can have problems with user permissions. The solution is here: https://community.dynamics.com/ax/b/axaptavsme/archive/2012/12/03/workflow-configuration-error-in-dynamics-ax-401-unauthorized.aspx

Very useful information. Thank you for sharing it.

Thanks

99th