Ax 2012: Error starting AOS

Hi, I’m reinstall AX 2012 and when trying to start AOS service but receiving this error:

“Windows could not start the Microsoft Dynamics AX Object Server 6.0$01-ax6conBG on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 10.”

In Event viewer:

Object Server 01: The directory “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\ax6conBG\bin\Application\bin” does not exist or access to it has been denied by the operating system.

Object Server 01: The home directory for Axapta (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\ax6conBG\bin\Application) does not match the required structure or can not be accessed. Please check installation, configuration and access rights.

The directory “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\ax6conBG\bin\Application\bin” really don’t exist?!?

Please help.

Hi,

The issue is quite clear from the error message.

Remove the installation first. Just to be double sure, restart your server and start fresh installation. Before installation, make sure you read AX 2012 installation manual first and set up correct security rights etc.

I’m removing all installation over 10 times. Read installation manual and do everything step by step. But result is the same: The directory “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\ax6c1\bin\Application\bin” does not exist or access to it has been denied by the operating system.

Resolve problem myself by manual create directories:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\ax6conBG\bin\Application*bin*
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\ax6conBG\bin\Application\share*config*
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\ax6conBG\bin\Application\appl*Standard*
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\ax6conBG\bin\Application\appl*Standard\db*
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\ax6conBG\bin\Application\appl*Standard\tmp*

Now AOS start and work fine.

hi all

i facing the same pblm,

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\AXStart\bin\Application\bin
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\AXStart\bin\Application\share\config
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\AXStart\bin\Application\appl\Standard
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\AXStart\bin\Application\appl\Standard\db
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\AXStart\bin\Application\appl\Standard\tmp

by default am having all the above folder, can u help me pls

thanx in advance

Check AX Server Configuration Utility and make sure the Application instance is populated. It was blank for me when I created a new configuration.