AX 2012 Data Import into General Journal Lines from excel (AX 2012)

Hi All,

I’ve got an error message “Object reference is not set to an instance of an object” when i click on “Publish All” button during import. I cannot proceed to import my payroll entries into GL journal without solving this error. My steps are quite simple:

1. Click on Connection > Choose current server connection

2. Click on “Add Data” button > Add Data > Tick the General journal entries (which have already been setup earlier on in AX)

3. From the “Field chooser”, select the fields for journl header and entries

4. Highlight the records, click on “Publish Data” > Publich All

Anyone knows the solution for this? Appreciate your help. .

Hi Giunea,

I am trying to import data from excel to ax.

I did following steps

1. Click on Connection > Choose current server connection

2. Click on “Add Data” button > Add Data > Tick the General journal entries (which have already been setup earlier on in AX)

3. From the “Field chooser”, select the fields for journl header and entries

4. But when I select the added record and go to publish data, the “Publish Selected” is disabled

If possible for you can you please help me (guide me )to do this task, I have been search all over but could not get the proper solution.

Thank you.

Hi GuineaPig,

Welcome to DUG [:)]

As I mentioned in other post, Data migration framework (DMF) tool will be more apt for importing journals than Excel add-in. This is available for download from Information Source website.

Hi Harish,

I want to import one table data in ax 2012. how do we do it.

I followed the steps like creating query of the table and add it to the document data source and I also got the data source in excel but my publish button is not activated.

It would be very helfull if you provide me some solution.

Thank you.

Hi,

It is tricky

Just click on the FIELD CHOOSER button once again (it will not be having the glowing effect now-means it is OFF now). Once the field chooser is off, then the PUBLIS DATA button becomes active.

me too struggled a lot . The point i would like to make here is NO SOFTWARE COMPANY SHOULD RELEASE ANY NEW FUNCTIONALITY WITHOUT AMPLE DOCUMENTATION. (:

Poor users will simply waste his time, just for nothing…

Hi Thomphl,

I have followed following steps, Plz correct me If I am wrong.

for your reference before publishing go for refresh button …then after enter your data and proceed further for publishing