Ax 2009 slow compilation

Hi,

I have a problem with very slow compilation of reports in one of our clients. When I run compilation of whole application it takes about 5h, while most of this time is compilation of reports.A single report compilation takes couple seconds.

The server and DB are pretty fast, we have no problems with normal work. Those are physical servers, with 6GB (AOS) and 12GB (DB), with 8-core processors.

I’ve never see such slow compilation, does anybody had similar experiences? Have you solve it?

best regards,

keimak

Hi,

Are there any locking happening in SQL Server? You can easily check this by navigating to DAX database in SQL Server Management Studio and running standard reports.

Hi.

You can check to see if you have Best Practices enabled (when compiling) - that can be one of the causes for the long wait.

You can look this in the Microsoft Dynamics AX menu → Tools → Options, then Compiler button and see if you have Level 3 or Level 4 selected. If it’s 4 then change it to 3.

Hope this helps,

Iulian.

Hi, thanks for answer.

Unfortunately my compilation level is 3.

Regards,

keimak

Hi, thanks for answer.

No, there are no locks on SQL Server. No other users during compilation (I blocked login possibility for AOS).

Regards,

keimak

Does your compiler updating the Cross-References?

No, cross-reference is turned off. Besides this is strange that only compilation of reports are really slow…

Do you have IIS running on the AOS? If so, try stopping IIS before the compilation. We had a similar problem a few weeks ago and disabling IIS seemed to do the trick…