AX 2009 Licence Information

Hi,

I’m new to this forum and also to Dynamics AX. My boss recently left and I’ve been passed the control of all the internal AX servers for both development, testing and support.

I’ve got stuck almost immediately regarding licences.

Just to give you a bit of background, we support a number of clients running AX2009. For support & development purposes we have duplicate systems of all client servers, on which we use our own licences.

I have recently brought back a clients data and installed it onto their server here this now has their licence rather than ours so have had to install our licence. I have done this, but for some reason our development team are unable to use the AOT.

On another server that we have, I have tried exporting the licence and re-importing it into this system and again the same thing has happened.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction as to where I am going wrong.

I cant work out why the AOT wont run.

Thanks.

Could you please elaborate the actual problem, i.e. that “development team are unable to use the AOT”? What does it exactly mean?

If they can get into AX but they aren’t allow to open AOT, first check whether the license was successfully imported and then check if users have been given sufficient permissions.