automation

Hello everybody, i need an good advice. I work with NavFin 2.60 and want to add an automation datatype to work with Excel-Files. But the system tells me, that there is no possibility to insert automation as datatype. The only values are integer, text and so on. I hope someone can help me. Ralf Beiten

Hi, We have 2.6 and we can add an global or local variable datatype automation… Where do you want to add an automation? Table, form, etc? Where in the object?

I remember reading somewhere that it can have something to do with your license.

To be able to access automation variables, I think your license needs a certain level of development permissions, like application designer or something like that.

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8409&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=automation+licence+license

That could be the reason I don’t get the message. We have Solution Developer, which means we have for an end user the most extensive license. [:D]

quote:

That could be the reason I don’t get the message. We have Solution Developer, which means we have for an end user the most extensive license. [:D]
Originally posted by tinoruijs - 2005 Dec 08 : 14:04:28

With the amount of programming you do it is money well spent.[^]

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by tinoruijs - 2005 Dec 08 : 14:04:28

With the amount of programming you do it is money well spent.[^]
Originally posted by marq - 2005 Dec 08 : 14:06:17

You’re right. Very well spent! [;)] By the way. We have the 1,750 C/OCX granule which is necessary to add automations…

Hi, I think my boss will have a lot of fun, if I tell him …[:)] thanks to all. Ralf Beiten

I think you could just contact your NSC, and have them add the automation part, it will be cheaper.

Or use the excel wrapper codeunit that is/was available for 2.60