Automation testing tools available for dynamics 2009

Hi All,

Anyone using Automation testing tool for Dynamics 5.0 (AX 2009) for integration and regresion testing, What are the automation tools out in market that we can use for testing the cutomizations done with dynamics.

I have also found the bench mark tool kit for testing performance in Dynamics 2009 , Is this tool used for integration and regression testing purpose successfully ?

Anyone currently using The bemch mark tool kit for testing ? Is this a stable tool for testing ?

Thanks

There is no test automation framework for Ax 2009, maybe in futures releases. What I recommed is to write a set of end 2 end scenarios using standard DAX. When customizations are done you should run those scenarios and see if they pass.

Fabricio

For regression I am using QTP with custom developed framework.

I am not sure if this is correct, but I might be misunderstanding the question. In AX 4.0 and AX 2009, there is the unit testing framework. I’ve used it and it’s pretty neat.

The famous MFP from Microsoft has done a video how-to that provides a good base to work with:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/mfp/Dynamics-AX-40-Unit-testing

the systest framework is for unit testing, this is for development tests. what i mean is ui test automation tools.

Ah, my mistake. Yes that would be useful to have.

Hi,

Just now i come across one of the Testing Tool.Its very simple and i feel that its useful to…It will give you a fail result with the detail description.Some drewback is there but overall its good tool.You can check this tool on website www.axeptance.com Its also availble for both AX2009 and AX2012.

Its not a open source tool,you need to purchase this from vendor.

Thanks,

Atul. :slight_smile: