Automation Gurus

Is there anyone who has had alot of experience with some level of automation in Navision? I have successfully used ADO Recordsets, but I am trying to do things like SQL Namespace and I am running into problems with some of the Automation Servers that require strong typing and or Variant datatypes. I tried using the Variant datatype in Navision with no luck. Is Navision Attain 3.10 simply not going to allow me to access some properties and methods of Automation that require strong typing or Variants? If I try to pass a text value that must evaluate to a constant or a variant, I am getting messages like “variable could not be coerced”. This error message somehow means that the Automation Server could not convert the passed variable into the necessary format. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be helpful As an aside, I tried in desperation to use TextConst datatype and when I do I get a message “Your program license does not allow you to use the TextConst datatype”. Our license is pretty high-end, so I don’t know why I would be getting that message

Well, I don’t know if it can help but I had a variant data type problem with access automation and resolved it by doing: FieldLenght5 := RSGroups.Fields.Item(5).ActualSize;

Another variation to John’s input: FldLenMyPartNo := RSGroups.Fields.Item(‘MyPartNo’).ActualSize; Bill