Automation Error

Here is my situation. I have 3 users running Office XP. Two users run my automation program just fine but, another user receives this error: The type ‘Automation’ was not defined for the function. I have tried having this user log into a working computer and she can then use the automation program fine. So the problem seems to be with the machine. I have verified Office XP is installed properly. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

Just a guess, but have you registered the OCX? _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@home.com___________

Hi Try to compile the Automation objects being used on clients machine where you are getting the error. you will defiantely need to register the Automation Controls for every Navision Client that uses them. hope this helps Regards NGP/NCSD

I compiled the objects in question at the workstation without any error but, the runtime error still exists. I never registered any automation controls or ocx on the other machines that are working correctly. I simply installed Office XP. Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117

Again I’m only guessing here but… Did you “install” Navision or just copy the files? _________________________ David Singleton Navision Consultant since 1991 dmks22@home.com___________

William Try the following : 1/ Do a Full Uninstallation of Microsoft Office 2/ Reboot the PC 3/ Reinstall Microsoft Office If it’s still not working try this : 1/ Uninstall you Navision Attain client 2/ Re-install Navision Attain ###### tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Well this just goes to show you that even someone as experienced as me can still make a rookie mistake! The path to the document is a network drive. On the workstaition with the error, the network drive was not mapped. DOH! Bill Benefiel Manager of Information Systems Overhead Door Company billb@ohdindy.com (317) 842-7444 ext 117