Authorizing An Add-On Module With Navision AS

Who has got experience in authorizing an add-on module with Navision. Did you encouter any difficulties during the approval process beside objects/fields renumbering, granules pricing structure. How long did he took from start (1st submission) to finnish (approval) And most importantly was it worthwhile getting your add module authorized ? tarek_demiati@ureach.com

No direct experience but some of my colleagues worked on getting the local payroll system approved. Took several months to do as I recall because it went through a number of iterations of being checked, sent back for changes, rechecked etc. The developers had to jump through a lot of hoops regarding the style in which they did things and the way they formatted the code. It all had to match the Navision style guide. Also, lot of things like, this button must be this size, this subform must be this size etc. It has been worth it to get the authorised payroll system though because everybody comes to buy that. Cheers, John

Tarek, we have been through the addon authorisation process and havent found it that hard, although our programming styles are close to Navisions as we try to make modifications in a Navision way, if that is possible. One thing is to make sure you follow the guidelines as John says, especially the GUI Guidelines so the addon looks ‘part of Navision’. The GUI Police will make you change the GUI if its not like Navisions ideas. :slight_smile: It doesnt have to take long to get all organised… perhaps 2 weeks at the most I guess, but it depends on the size of the addon, and it depends on how well your NTR knows you and your management and programming styles. If they know it well and know you do things in the right way from the beginning then they know that things are generally going to be done well. Craig Bradney Project Manager - Technical Navision Solutions & Services Deloitte Growth Solutions Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu P:+61-2-9322-7796 F:+61-2-9322-7502 E:craig_bradney@deloitte.com.au

GUI Police! Like it. At a couple of points, Navision objected to some of the code & the GUI. It was pointed out to them that in fact it had been copy & pasted from the standard product but they still insisted that it be changed to match what the style guide said. Sauce for the goose etc. Cheers, John