Attempting to export a model and receiviing registry error

I’m attempting to export a model from Dynamics through windows powershell however when its runs I receive an error stating Dynamics 6.0 has not been found with my registery. I’ve checked through regedit though and definitely have a registry file there. However under data it says (value not set).

I know powershell is notorious for returning misleading errors so I was wondering what else it could be. Am I supposed to be invoking the command to a specific server or something else I’ve overlooked?

Hi,

I have noticed issues with exporting / importing models through Powershell. Can you let us know the command that you are trying to use?

Since attempting this I’ve succeeded in exporting models and modelstores. When I was attempting to export originally I was using

Export-AXModel -Model Nameofmodel -File NameofFile

and running this on my client computer which was my mistake. The error was just misleading as it stated that it was a registery problem.

It now works fine using

Export-AxModel -Model NameofModel -File NameofFile -Server NameofDatabaseServer -Database NameofDatabase

from a client computer.

What’s the problem you’ve been having?

Hi,

In my case it is largely issues to do with reading client config files while import. For me, the following command works -

Import -AXModelStore -Server -Database -File