Attain client freeze (crash)

Hi all. I am currently implementing Attain 3.10 (native dbase). On certain clients running MS XP, the Attain client crashes if you enter more characters than allowed in, for instance, the customer name field, or code field, for that matter any field. Has anyone else experienced this, or even better does someone have the solution? Thanks

I have seen this on Terminal Server and Citrix, on 2000. Are you using terminal server?

quote:

Originally posted by David Singleton
I have seen this on Terminal Server and Citrix, on 2000. Are you using terminal server?

David, I am not using terminal server. The Navision client (Dutch language) has been installed on an English MS XP machine. The Dbase itself runs on a MS2000 server. I have several other MS XP machines, but these run the Dutch language version of XP, running a Dutch language Attain client. These machines do not have the above problem. I have tried reinstalling the client on the affected PC, but no joy. The only connection I have is the difference in language of the OS and the client.

We are having same problem with one desktop running Windows 2000, Financials 2.6 (see my posting re field overflow causes lockup). Sorry I have now solution, but you are now alone. Hopefully, someone has a suggestion for a fix.