Attain 3.0/Advanced Distribution

It now sounds like the Attain 3.0 that should be available in the US in September may not be an upgrade/replacement for Advanced Distribution. It seems that it will be missing some pieces that AD currently has such as zones and bins. I was hoping that I could use 3.0 instead of AD 2.60 in September. Does anyone have more information on what parts of AD will be missing from 3.0 when it comes out? Since 3.0 is released now in some countries, I wonder if these features could be in the US release in September. I sure wish Navision would take care of its customers better with respect to future directions. Our NSC, Datahouse, recently decided they did not want to work with us any longer; simply because we were not going anywhere with 2.60 and they could not satisfactorily answer any of our questions on 3.0. David Rochford Zesco Products 317-269-9300 x188 david@zesco.com

3.0 will not have what in 2.x is called Warehouse Management… so yes… zones, bin etc. Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au

At least at the Release Candidate 2 there was a Warehouse Management Menu. I couldnt find zones there, but now you have so called Global Dimensions.

There was a licence area in 2.x called Warehouse Management which enables zones and bins amongst a wide variety of other areas. The Warehouse Management menu is used for more than just this licence area. This will be in a later release of 3.x. Global Dimensions relates to Dimensions, which relates, in 2.x, to Deparment/Projects. Craig Bradney Technical Manager Navision Solutions & Services, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Email:cbradney@deloitte.com.au

Attain will be missing 4 NAD granules which are apparently planned for Q4 2001 (W1). Warehouse Management (Zones & Bins - Directed Pick & Put Away) Contracts (Extension to Sales Pricing / Discounts) RF Scanning (Bar Coding) Usage Based Procurement. (Gordon Graham’s Inventory Management system) Viv Strettle

Topic moved from Attain - Developer Forum to Attain - Advanced Distribution forum.