At least 2 Major table names required

Hi Experts,

I am new to Microsoft Dynamics NAV. I am looking for the most important/basic tables required for the below modules.

Financial Management

• General Ledger
  • Accounts Payables
  • Accounts Receivables
  • Banks

Sales and Marketing

• Invoicing
  • Rental orders
  • Blanket Orders
  • Recurring Orders

Purchases and Payables

• Purchase Orders

Warehousing

• Transfer Orders
  • Inventory Journals

Manufacturing

• Production Orders

Services

• Service Invoicing (Norway and Singapore)

Kindly help me on this as early as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Veera

Hi Veera,

Welcome to the Dynamics User Group. [:)]

I’m not quite sure what do you mean by “the most important tables”?? And why do you need to know this?

But I would still say that the General Ledger Setup and the G/L Entry tables are the two most important tables in the whole system. Otherwise if you need the sales orders, invoices etc. then the Sales header and line tables are very important and so on.

Hi Erik,

Thanks a lot for your immediate response!

I am basically an SAP consultant. We are currently working for a data migration project i.e., moving data from Navision to SAP. For which I was asked to list all the tables related to those modules. But I heard there are many tables for each module, so I requested for at least 2 most important tables in each module.

But please help me in listing the required tables which are used for storing data for each of those modules.

Thanks in Advance!

This is completely depend on the data requirement and not on the most important tables as every table is important in any ERP

You need to figure out which data you required to upload in SAP and in which structure you want the data for mapping in new system.

For Master data you need to go through all masters and for transaction data you have go through the Ledger tables so you will get the closing balances

You have to be specific what is required for your new system and get the data from Navision .

Hi Amol,

Thanks for the information. I have been asked just to prepare a ppt on the list of tables for each module. We are yet to start the migration. So we wanted these list of tables just to show to my managers and take a small presentation on the same.

Thanks in Advance

It is better you sit with your partner and give him the requirements and get the list of tables as data coming from every tables.

You need to categorize your requirement.

Kindly contact NAV partners/internal support for the same.

Hi Amol,

Thanks for the information. But we do not have a team for Navision in our company. So Could you please list only the required tables?

Hi,

I’ll have to say the same as Amol. You should contact a partner or one of many good freelancers and spend the few hours it would take to prepare such a list. The purpose of the user group is a free way of getting support so that they don’t need a partner, but a community where they can discuss issues and problems.

Hi Erik,

Hi Amol,

Thanks for the information.

Welcome !!!