Assign more than one number series

Hi folks, how can I assign more than one number series for Sales Orders? I thinked about to add a new option for the “Document Type” field, but after I have a lot of work to adjust all the source code to handle my orders in the same way as a normal sales order. Can anybody help me?

May I ask why you want to do that? Usually a customer would be happy to have one single number which defines offer, order, shipping and invoice rather than having to deal with a lot off different numbers. In fact you can already register different numbers for offers, orders, shipments, invoices and credit memos. Why do you need more? ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

This is not very uncommon. Many companies uses a different order number series for different sales department. And the best of it. It’s standard! That is if you don’t mind a little manual work. It’s actually used in the Cronus company. Instead of just hitting F3 and ENTER, you must press SHIFT+F2 and select the number series you want to use. I’ve do a small modification for serveral customers, where I’ve added a Number Series field to the Department record. This naturally requires some coding. But not much. You can read more about how to set it up in the manual. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group

quote:

Originally posted by Admin: And the best of it. It’s standard! That is if you don’t mind a little manual work. It’s actually used in the Cronus company. Instead of just hitting F3 and ENTER, you must press SHIFT+F2 and select the number series you want to use.

What is even better is the Number Series you select by SHIFT+F2 becomes the Default for that User/Workstation next time you press F3 David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

If you need when create “SALE-INV” serie in “No. Series” (without any numbers defined). Also create “SALES/1”, “SALES/2”, “SALES/3” and so on series. Then go to Relationship of code “SALES-INV” and select “SALES/1”, “SALES/2”, “SALES/3”. In setup’s Numbering define only “SALES-INV” Nos. Now you can select document numbering in incoice’s card (pressing Shift+F2 or Alt+DownArrow in “No.” field) Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

You can just give the number series relationship for all the sales order number series in the general ledger set up. Then assign the prinicipal number sereis (that number series to which you have linked the other) to the sale order in the sales and receivable set up-numbering tab. This should do the job. The basic concept is to make a relationship of all the sale order number sereis. To make matters more easier remove the default boolean in the number series for all these linked number series. When the user presses F3 to create a new sale order he/she is forced to select his or the correct number series because there is no default mentioned in the set up…This should solve your problem. Rohith Kamath Senior Consultant The Naviworld Group