ASP Page with Navision Database

Hi, I am making an asp page linked with navision database 3.10 using cfront. I have opened the database and the company but not able to one the table can some please help me. I have to pass a by ref. variable of long data type, and in asp i think there is only 1 datatype, all are variant. so it is giving type mismatch error at the time of opening the table It is working fine in Visual Basic. The code is as below. <%@ Language=VBScript %> <% dim nvdb Set navdb = CreateObject(“cfront.cfrontctrl.1”) navdb.SetNavisionPath “C:\Program files\Navision Attain\Client” navdb.OpenDatabase “C:\Program Files\Navision Attain\Client\database.fdb”, 2000, True navdb.OpenCompany “CRONUS UK Ltd.” Dim Table Dim Record Dim CompanyName Dim TableID Dim FieldNo Dim ID Dim Ok TableID=18 ok=navdb.opentable(Table,TableID) %> Thanks Ajay Jain ajayjain1001@hotmail.com

Hi, Please use C/ODBC to open the database. I hope it will work perfectly.

c/odbc is slow and limited, i am trying to make dll of cfront using visual basic

I have done simular things using MSMQ’s and XML communicating with a NAS. This worked quickly and once the basic framework was in place it was very quick to update. Paul Baxter

Hi, I am trying to use the C/FRONT dll from a ASP.NET webapplication, but the ConnectServer function hangs when i call it. The same thing works fine if i call the dll from a “regular” c# application. Does anyone have experience with this, or with other known issues when connecting C/FRONT and ASP.NET? Thanks, Peter Nagel

Hello,

I’m having the same problem myself. Everything seems to work fine when I access Navision using c/front through a VB.NET “desktop” application, but no matter what I do I cannot get it to connect to the server when I work with c/front in ASP.NET. I know that the previous threads are quite old, but I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on this issue for me.

Thank you,

Troy Harrington

Hi triff You written that I have done simular things using MSMQ’s and XML communicating with a NAS. This worked quickly and once the basic framework was in place it was very quick to update. Please Update me if u found any progress in that.