ASP, ADO , ODBC

I’m trying to access a Navisiondatabase (seaside) (2.60.A) from ASP using ADODB.Connection. I use this simple codeb : Set dbcon=Server.CreateObject(“ADODB.Connection”) dbcon.Open “DSN=Navision;” I get the following errormessage : Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error ‘80004005’ [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified. When connecting to a SQL database I specify the provider. dbcon.provider = “sqloledb” What’s the providername for navision ? / Regards Per-Olof Pettersson

As long as i know, Navision hasn’t got yet an ADO driver. It just uses ODBC (navision webshop module works with a dispatcher that comunicates through ODBC with message queue and SQL Server, and the ASP pages take the data from the SQL Server). Instead of an ADO connection you can try with an ODBC connection… :slight_smile: Regards – Alfonso Pertierra apertierra@teleline.es Spain

What kind of DSN is “Navision” ? If you are trying to use a User DNS try change it to a System DSN.

I got the same error when switching to system DSN ! Has anyone managed to connect to a C-side database from ASP using ADO and ODBC ?

We have made connections to Navision C/Side and SQL databases in various ways, using Navision ODBC and MS SQL drivers. The connections range from JSP (Java Server Pages) through a JDBC-ODBC Bridge, via stand-alone Visual Basic and Delphi programs, to data-links in Excel. Others have done similar things. So, it’s quite safe to say that connecting is possible, providing you set up the right connection. How did you configure the DSN? Did you press the “Test” button on the configuration page? Completed the test successfull? Have you tried to make the connection in other ways, i.e. from Excel or the VisData module in VB? Please try to be a bit more specific and show more information if you want us to help you. John

Please try in the configuration page of the DSN the following. Replace the server name with the ip address. Good luck! Markus

Hi Per-Olof To connecting through ADO in VB we are using the following way.(dsn name - navision(ODBC connection) Dim con As ADODB.Connection Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Set con = New ADODB.Connection Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset con.Open “Navision” Try with this ASP and make sure all parameters are properly configured in DSN Regards Joseph Mathew

I use this to extract data, when ODBC Sample is installed. This is taken from a VBScript, but it should work with ASP without problems. 'Getting data from Navision Dim oConn, sConnString, RS Set oConn = CreateObject(“ADODB.Connection”) sConnString = “DSN=Sample C/ODBC 32 bit custom;OPT=Integer;Database=c:\databases\Custom\Database.fdb;” oConn.Open(sConnString) Set RS = oConn.Execute(“Select * from Contact”) msgbox rs(“No_”)