Apply Entries Issue

I have uploaded transactions for many years on customers, vendors and GL balances.

However, entries are still open. And, it is tedious to apply entries on each payment line.

Is there a simpler way to apply entries instead of applying entries on each payment line.

This exercise has to be done for around three years and it is quite time consuming to apply entries one by one.

Please suggest a solution.

Thank you

You can use the standard way of applying the entry,in the customer card in the payment tab select the application method.

You mean use application method ‘applies to oldest’??

It is to be assumed that both payment and invoice have been posted.

Apply to Oldest, the program will automatically apply the payment to the oldest of the customer’s open entries

Apply to Oldest, the program will automatically apply the payment to the oldest of the customer’s open entries

Apply to Oldest, the program will automatically apply the payment to the oldest of the customer’s open entries.

If i change the application method now, the payment will be allocated automatically??? Coz , As I have told you payment and invoice have already been posted but not yet allocated.

No…this is for future transactions only…