AP Payment wire transaction reversal

Hello all,

I have issue with my AP clerk mistakenly post wire payment with wrong amount. The AP Payment transaction is reversed in AP, but in Bank, I am NOT able to see that transactions to be reversed. Is there a way to reverse it from bank transactions? If not, what is the best way to handle this?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Hi Bishnu,

How have you reversed the transaction in AP? Has a briding account been used? Can you provide some more details?

Ludwig

Hello Ludwig,

We are trying to delete the tranaction using the Closed Transaction Editing from AP side which is posted, but is giving error “The ledger transaction type Bank account xxxx cannot be reversed”. The other account is Accounts payable which is not erroring this time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hello Bishnu,

Maybe try the following: (1) Post another payment to the vendor for the same - but negative - amount that has been posted initially, (2) Go to the vendor account and select open transaction editing, (3) Mark the wrong payment you did and the payment that you created under (1), (4) Select update, (5) Do the payment to the vendor once again but with the correct amount. Plese test this procedure first in a test environment.

Hope it helps,

Ludwig