Anybody NOT buying Enhancement Program from MS?

We just received a $14,101.98 bill [:0] from Microsoft for Annual Enhancement Program. I wonder if the benefits justify the cost. Did anybody NOT purchase this program? Thanks

I believe we have dropped that!

We never signed a contract, and we never paid one single dime, never the less, our NSC offered us the upgrade costless. Isn’t that pretty?

quote:

Originally posted by ecpower
We never signed a contract, and we never paid one single dime, never the less, our NSC offered us the upgrade costless. Isn’t that pretty?

Sounds like you’re using a pirated version…

This is what my NSC tells me: ********** In order to use Navision 4.0 your license needs to be updated to use it. They will not update the license if you are not current on your enhancement plan. If you miss the date in August then you are hit with a penalty which will have to be paid in addition to the 1 year enhancement. This is how all business application software companies operate unfortunately. ************ Is that true?

Denis, that is the way that I have understood it to be from the beginning, even before MS took over.

The enhancement program allows you to upgrade your version “at no cost” (Ignore the costs for NSC time). If you don’t pay this fee, you have no right/ability to upgrade to another version (They control this with the license [;)]). Karl, If your NSC offered you the upgrade, did you not have to upgrade your license???

Well, it looks MS gives us no choice than to upgrade. It is well overdue for our 3.01 non-SQL Navision version with a LOT of bugs that cost too much to fix on our own. Sorry about all the complains. Just wanted to get a feedback from my fellow Navision end users Denis Petrov