Any Fixes For The Consumption Jrnl Location Bug?

As many know, NM 2.0 and 2.01 have a known bug when running the Calculate Consumption function to populate the Consumption Jrnl. The component source Location does not populate the Jrnl. A fix has been promised for NM 2.6, but I have a client who has had to manually back-fill 300+ jrnl. lines a day for the past 8 months and is rightfully impatient. Any table default which is set appears to be over-written by a blank field. Has anybody created a patch or fix?

Hi Steve, Why do you think it is bug? From my point of view it works quite logic. The option is “Pick from Location” not “Create Line with Location Code”. If you have item on selected locations system will create lines if not system will not create this lines. You can select location filter and system will create many lines. But if you want “Create Line with Location Code” you can add additional option CreateWithLocationCode and change code in OnAfterGetRecord “Prod. Order Component” dataitem: //Code…. IF PickLocation THEN PickItemFromStock(NeededQty) ELSE CreateConsJnlLine( “Prod. Order Component”.“Location Code”, “Prod. Order Component”.“Bin Code”, “Prod. Order Component”.“Lot No.”,’’, NeededQty); //Replace with…… IF PickLocation THEN PickItemFromStock(NeededQty) ELSE IF CreateWithLocationCode then CreateConsJnlLine( LocationFilter, ‘’,’’,’’,NeededQty) ELSE CreateConsJnlLine( “Prod. Order Component”.“Location Code”, “Prod. Order Component”.“Bin Code”, “Prod. Order Component”.“Lot No.”,’’, NeededQty); Valentin Gvozdev BMI Inc.

Thanks, Valentin, I’ll give it a try. The reason why I refer to this as a bug is that NSC Support had applied this designation (“known bug”), as did the Manufacturing Certification class I completed. Thanks again.