Allow Editing of VAT Amount in Purchase Order statistics Prepayment Tab

Hi All,

I would like to ask why Nav is not allowing to edit the VAT Amount in Prepayment Tab Vat amount line in the Purchase Order statistics?

My setting is Allow VAT Entry = TRUE in the Purchase & Payables Setup and I put Max. VAT Diff as 0.05 but the field is still not editable. This happens in RTC versions but when I use the classic, I can edit the VAT amount.

Thank you in advance,

Lee

Hi Lee,

If you’re using NAV 2015, you will see a field ‘No. of VAT Lines’ in Tab General, drill the field down and then you can edit the VAT Amount.

Thanks,

Hi Hai,

Thank you for your reply,
I want to modify the prepayment VAT Amount, and consider the difference as Prepayment VAT difference, so I need to enter the VAT Amount line in the Prepayment Tab.

Hi Lee,

Yes, I tried that and could not change the VAT Amount of the Prepayment.
Maybe NAV does not allow it for the consistency of the Prepayment and the whole invoice. Could you consider change the VAT amount of the whole invoice and change the Prepayment %?

Thanks.

Hi Hai,

I’m just curious why in RTC, this field was disabled, but on the classic it’s not. Because when I tested on the classic and post some sample prepayment invoice and final invoice, the entries generated are correct.

I saw that the property of the field VAT Amount line in the page will only be editable when this condition was met:
“VAT AmountEditable” := AllowVATDifference AND NOT “Includes Prepayment”;

The form also has this condition but it’s not working when I did the testing.

Hi Lee,

If it has the condition then it’s a bug in classic client :D. So to your problem, you may need to find another solution cause it’s standard.

Thanks.

Hi Hai,

Yeah, it’s the system standard, because I’m thinking if we will customise the program to allow VAT modification on the Prepayment tab vat amount line but I worried for any effect after that.

But I guess this kind of scenario will not happen frequently, and I propose first to our customer to record manually the prepayment invoice using a journal, and manually reverse that journal, as the final invoice posted.