Aged Accounts Receivable/Payable

Ladies and gentlemen, I have had a lot of complaints from users because of the lack of decent aged… reports. This apply to both receivables and payables, but below I describe my experiences from the receivables. The main requirements are a) you should be able to run the report per any historic date. b) You shoud get info about Current, 1-30, 31-60,61-90 and >90 days per that date. c) The report shall handle currencies in a way that is compatible with other info in the system, i.e. the customer ledger. I have found a US version report “Aged Accounts Receivable” that handles a) but not b) and c). The WW version report 105 “Customer - Summary Aging” handles b). The US report is missing the 61-90 column, which is easily fixed. But it uses currency factors, not used in the ledgers, which makes the report incompatible with the Customer Ledger. By “enhancing” the US report I have achieved also b) and c). But is this really necessary? Shouldn’t there be standard reports on ageing that takes care of a), b) and c) as listed above? What are your experiences? Best regards Pelle

Hi Pelle, I thought the aging report from 2.60 covers both a) and b). The report shows the aged balances as of that date. I am not sure what you mean by c) On the other hand it seemed to that the Attain Aging report did not work properly and I did not have time yet to check whether they corrected it. Cristi

Hello Pelle, You might want to try to get hold of the Aged Debtors (10520) and 10530 (Aged Creditors) reports from the UK version of Attain, as these handle aging well, and you can choose your length of aging periods. If these would be of use to you, I can send them to you.

Hello all, yes please Edward, I would appreciate to have a look at these reports. My address is pl@seldenmast.se Please sen them in text format, so I can change the object IDs. To Cristi: Say your ledgers are run in GBP, and you invoice a customer in EUR. In the customer ledger entries there is an Amount and an “Amount (LCY)” field. When you run the ageing report WITHOUT ticking the “Show Amounts in Customer Currency”, that is, show the amounts in your local GBP, the amounts in EUR are recalculated to GBP, using the exchange rate in the currency exchange rate table per the date you set as “Aged as of”. So there is most often no aggrement between what the report shows and what your ledger says. Quite confusing, though it probably is meant as a feature. Thanks, both of you, for your attention, and I look forward to seeing those GB ageing reports! Pelle