Adjustment Price for Credit Memos

In case ,I have made the invoice and then send it also the goods to my customer.After that I meet the price is wrong which it should lower this.Such as, the price in the invoice is 2,000 but the correct price is 1,800.I don’t know how do I can for this case.If I make the credit memo It have effected to the stock item which I don’t want this method because I want only to adjust price. Can you help me. Thank you sir.

hi You have two choices: 1) Completely credit the original invoice and re-raise a new invoice at the new price. This is the best way as it pushes all the correct transactions through the system from a reporting perspective. 2) Raise a credit memo directly to a general ledger account - this may impact on other areas of the business. Unsure if the Known Issues forum is the correct one for this - try end user questions!

Hi, If you use navision Attain you can use Item Charge to correct such transaction, Just create create credit memo with the line is Item charge and assign this item charge to the shipment line. If you wan’t more detail about this step you can check on Navision financial management Documentation on the section about “sales allowances”

quote:

Originally posted by real_andi
Hi, If you use navision Attain you can use Item Charge to correct such transaction, Just create create credit memo with the line is Item charge and assign this item charge to the shipment line. If you wan’t more detail about this step you can check on Navision financial management Documentation on the section about “sales allowances”

Yes, this is correct, but I have experienced that an item charge assignment is possible only once; so if you have to correct the line a second time it is impossible with an item charge assignment.

Hi The item charge assignment is an option, but this will be split out on all the F9 statistics and I cannot tell you at this juncture which reports take the item charges into consideration and which do not. Also you have to consider where these charge credits are posted in the GL as they will affect the overall sales, so it depends how this is structured - but then again these arguments are valid depending upon where you are posting your credit memos [:D]

quote:

Originally posted by SBWEAVER
hi Unsure if the Known Issues forum is the correct one for this - try end user questions!

Well, that to correct a wrong post in Navision is a pain in the … is definitedly a known issue! [}:)] Anna

Hi Anna Surely prevention is better than cure - Never post something incorrectly and therefore never have a problem - isn’t life simple in a perfect world [:D]

HI steven,

quote:

1. Raise a credit memo directly to a general ledger account - this may impact on other areas of the business.

. IF you use that instead of item charge the Profit for the item will not Correct (take a look on report 113 Customer/Item Sales and 712 Inventory - Sales Statistics). And for your information the Cost(LCY) on invoice statistic F9 it’s not the actual cost(the Right Cost) so the profit on that statistic will not correct

Hi Aloi I have no doubt about the implications of the posting direct to gl account - hence my proviso and the recommendation under point 1 - but people always want alternatives and will not care about the consequences. [:D] I wil lleave the end user to assess the best fit solution for them - they just have to investigate the consequences! As for profit calculations aren’t the majority of the reports based upon unit cost, which is based upon average cost - which will skew profit anyway [:D]