Adjust Cost Item Entries Batch job - TOO lONG

Hello, One of my client uses Serial Numbers and Lot numbers for Inventory with Specific costing method. It is taking us to Run adjust cost item entries Batch job around 6 hours to complete. Has anyone encountered this problem in Version 3.70 and is there a solution to reduce the time. Please help Kartik

I try to run this once a week (at least). If we go two weeks or more without running the adjust cost then I might as well start the job, go home & let it run overnight. So having the adjust cost take a while is not something your just experiencing. Here’s some more info http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3999&highlight=adjust+cost also posting the topic once will suffice [:I]

quote:

Hello, One of my client uses Serial Numbers and Lot numbers for Inventory with Specific costing method. It is taking us to Run adjust cost item entries Batch job around 6 hours to complete. Has anyone encountered this problem in Version 3.70 and is there a solution to reduce the time. Please help Kartik
Originally posted by karthik - 2004 Nov 16 : 13:35:32

In general Serial Numbers/Lot Number and costing method (except for Average I think) won’t effect the time it takes to run. Mostly it is based on the number of transactions to process. The easiest solution as people say is to run the job frequently. If you have alot of transactions which remain unadjusted (Completely Invoiced = False), then your job will run longer the next time. If you clean up most of these, then your job should run quicker. There are also a couple of fixes you can make to the Adjustment Routine to reduce the number of Database scans on the Value Entry table.