Adding new User in NAV 2009 Classic

NAV Expert,

Please advice for this error message:

“The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classis and SQL Server security systems have not been successfully synchronized.” The SQL Server login Zen does not exist on the Dataserver_Naim server.

This error appeared when I tried to add new User.

Thanks

ZB

If I read I right you did create a Database Login (not a Windows Login) called “Zen”.

In case you create a database login you first need to create on SQL Server also a login (SLQ Server Authentication) with the same login name. Then when you create in NAV the database login it will be synced with the SQL login.

Luc,

You are correct. I tried to create Database Login called Zen using admin ID; SA.

Could you inform the steps on how to create Zen in SQL Server? Do I have to do it on the Server or I can do it from my PC using SA Login?

Thanks

ZB

Depending on the SLQ Server version you are using, but letg me assume 2005/2008:

1. Open SSMS (SQL Server Managment Studio) and connect to the SQL Server your NAV database is on
    Note: you can run SSMS on your own computer and connect to any SQL Server in your domain
  2. In SSMS open the Security node
  3. Right-cliuck on the Logins node and select New Login
  4. In the Login - New window enter:
    1. Login Name = Zen
    2. SQL Server autentication
    3. Password for user Zen (used when logging into NAV)

Thta’s it. Now create Zen in NAV and the system should sync it with the new SQL Server login.

Thanks Luc. One more question: What Server Roles that should I assign to the Users?

ZB

From NAV perspective you do not need to do that. On SQL Server it will get the public role, but within NAV it will be governed by the NAV security system (using NAV roles). Unless you want the same user to be able to do specific things on SQL Server. So even the user that is assigned SUPER role in NAV does not need (from NAV perspective) any specif role on SQL Server.

Thanks Luc

ZB

HI I HAVE THE SAME PROBLME . I CREAT THE LOGIN IN SQL AND ITS APPEAR IN DATABASE AS OWNER

BUT WHEN I TRY TO ADD IT IN NAV ITS REFUSED WITH THIS MESSAGE . The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classis and SQL Server security systems have not been successfully synchronized." The SQL Server login XXX does not exist on the SSS server.

NOTE THAT THE SYNCHRONIZE SINGLE LOGIN ITS OK FOR THE EXISTING LOGIN BUT SYNCHRONIZE ALL ITS NOT WORK

THANKS FOR ANY ONE