Adding another Dimension to the G/L

I need to add another breakdown to a single G/L Account (Department and Project are already being used. Is there another field that I can utilize to breakdown the value of that account or will I have to add another field. Either way, what is the simplest and straight-forward method Cheers Darren Bezzant, NCPS, NCSD Central Software Ludlow, New Brunswick, Canada dbz@nb.aibn.com

Darren Can we have some more Info? If you add a new filtering Dimension to the “G/L Account” it will affect all of the Accounts not just the single Account. If it is Just for Reporting you would have to report on the “G/L Entry” table by using Report Grouping. There by adding or updating a Key there are a number of Fields Possible New key to group by : Account, Department, Project then Customer or Vendor and Posting Date. G/L Account No.,Business Unit Code,Department Code,Project Code,Source Type,Source No.,Posting Date Other fields to look at “Source Type” “Source No.” “Source Code” “Batch Name” “Gen. Prod. Posting Group” Mr David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

I recently attended a NaviPlus conference here in Copenhagen. In connection to NaviPlus’ “Packing, Warehousing and Distribution” (PWD) add-on (an extended version of the US product Advanced Distribution from Navision Software - created as a joint venture between NaviPlus, Addidas and Navision Software), we were told that virtually unlimited dimensions would be included in the next version of Navision Financials (3.00?). They were actually already using the functionality in PWD. Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group