Adding a field from another table

Hi

In the Nav2013 dev environment, on a page I have tried to add a field from another table.

I added the item table into the C/AL symbol menu via the C/AL Globals as a variable (not sure if this was the right thing to do).

Anyway, I added this, then the item table fields were available, however when i added it in design, the field appeared blank.

Have I gone about this incorrectly?

Thanks

James

Hi! Have you created a link to the other table? You need to tell Nav to find the field from the other table somehow. [:)]

Hope this helps.

Neil

James

Hi! Have you created a link to the other table? You need to tell Nav to find the field from the other table somehow. [:)]

Hope this helps.

Neil

Hi Neil

I thought this was my mistake. New to this you see, how would i go about doing that.

Thanks

James

James

Quite understand! You need a common link between the tables and then add some setrange code OnAfterGetRecord. Have you coded in C/Side before?

Neil

Hi Neil

No i have not. The table i want to add the field from is the item table and the fields i want to add are named blocked and discontinued.

The fields in their orignial table are set to boolean.

If you could advise that would be great. Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks

James

Hi Neil

Sorry, when i am the designed and right click and select C/AL code (after adding the field) i get the attached screen, which one of these would i put the code in?

Thanks

James4454.CAL Code.PNG

James

Can you send me the object (export from development environment) you are trying to amend / create and I will look at?

Neil

James

Can you send me the object (export from development environment) you are trying to amend / create and I will look at?

neil@fpconsult.co.uk

Neil